D is for Dresser Redo: A-Z Blog Challenge

I bought this dresser at a garage sale for $2. It was wobbly and the bottom drawer didn’t open, but for $2 I couldn’t resist.

D is for dresser redo

Removing the legs was all it took to fix the wobble. The drawer was more challenging. After I finally got it pried open, I used a bar of soap to “grease” the old wooden glides. It took a lot of time, and a lot of soap, but it worked. As an added bonus the soap helped improve the musty smell, too.

With that accomplished it was time for the fun stuff. I wanted to try a faux woodgraining technique but, as usual, had to mix it up with something a little silly and playful. Here’s the AFTER.

D is for dresser redo

D is for dresser redoSorry there aren’t more pics but with the wall on one side and bed on the other I couldn’t really find any other angles to shoot. I didn’t refinish the top or sides at all, and I left the original color behind the stencil. I might do more with it sometime but for now it’s the perfect little $2 treasure.

This post is the fourth in a series of 26 inspired by the A-Z Blogging Challenge. Click over and see all the amazing bloggers working their way through the alphabet in April.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s