One of my many addictions is collecting cocktail plates and cocktail shakers. I created a rotating display space on my dining room wall so I can pick my favorites and admire them every day. I love to switch them out with the seasons or when I’m burning to change something up but have no dinero to spend – which is all the time. Sadly, when Halloween rolled around I realized I only had three measly plates to hang, zero shakers, and zero dollars. Time to get creative. Take a look at what I did.
The best part is, I only spent $9! Here’s how it breaks down.
Two plain black plastic plates from Target: $4.
Package of eyeball stickers from Michael’s: $1.
Black & white fabric from Jo-Anne’s: approximately $4.
Everything else came from somewhere in my house.
– The cool scenery plates are the three I mentioned earlier.
– The white plates are from my kitchen cabinet with free silhouette clip art added.
– The black square plate is one I bought at Target with eyeball stickers added.
– The skeleton plate is another Target buy with more free clip art.
– Most of the shakers are wearing free clip art.
– The crow is – what else? – a free clip art silhouette.
– Lastly, the large quilting hoop was already hanging where you see it, I just replaced the fabric to match the new black and white scheme.
If you like this you should check out what Jen did over at Tatertots & Jello. Cool chiz. http://tatertotsandjello.com/2012/09/its-pumpkin-week-diy-halloween-plate-wall.html
Are you done decorating for Halloween? Or for fall? Send me a link so I can see what you’re up to.